FFA Alumni play a very important part in keeping agricultural education and FFA programs in our local schools. FFA relies on its FFA Alumni to garner support for FFA from their local communities, raise funds for chapter activities and scholarships, assist at FFA leadership camps and conferences, and much more. You didn’t have to be a former FFA member to support FFA, agriculture education and the future of agriculture.
Mission and Vision
The Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association helps support the programs and activities of over 19,000 FFA members in the state.
The Mission of the Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association: We will strive to be Wisconsin's premier Agriculture Education advocate with FFA Alumni support in every community. We envision our diverse, positive, community committed organization to provide resources to support youth development and leadership.
The Vision of the Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association: We are advocates for FFA and Advocating for Agriculture Education
Other Members of the Ag Ed Family
State NewsletterThere are no newsletters at this time.
Council Minutes and Committees
2015 - 2016 Committee Assignments
Program Development Committee
- Periodically review the FFA Alumni Manual and website in conjunction with the Executive Director and recommend changes to the council as needed.
- Evaluate needs and coordinate leadership training for the general membership.
- Develop opportunities for local Alumni chapters to share activities, programs and success stories to help other chapters.
Ellen Cary (chair)
- With the Executive Director develop the annual operations budget to recommend to the council and assist with answering questions of the membership when presented for approval at the annual meeting
- Annually review the investment objectives of the Association's investment fund and meet annually or more often if necessary with the investment advisor for an update and recommendations for changes in the funds in our portfolio
- Regularly monitor financial operations of the Association
- With the executive committee and upon the recommendation of the Executive Director, appoint an accounting firm to conduct the annual review of the financial records or periodic audits, as needed, of the Association that insure competency and no conflict of interest.
Janet Schneider (chair)
James Grasee (non-voting)
Resolutions and Bylaws Committee
- Solicit resolutions from members, chapters and council members and committees for presentation at the annual business meeting.
- Review, format, and present resolutions at the annual business meeting, including coordinating printing of resolutions in the business meeting program.
- Periodically review bylaws and recommend and proposed changes to the membership at the annual business meeting.
- Accept recommended bylaw changes from association members, review, and prepare for presentation to the membership at the annual business meeting.
Dan Follendorf (chair)
- Understanding with respect, that it is the local chapters which take the lead regarding membership of the FFA Alumni; the State Council's Membership committee will, whenever possible, assist local chapters with member retention and recruitment.
- Support and assist executive director and/or sectional representatives with member recruitment and reactivation of inactive chapters and organization of new chapters.
- Support, assist and/or advise the executive director on membership processes as needed or requested.
- Support any new membership efforts set forth by the Council and the National FFA Alumni Organization.
- Continue to look for opportunities to create value added benefits for individual memberships.
- Oversee and assist with any chapter grant and scholarship programs developed by the Council.
Ellen Cary (chair)
- Establish an aggressive public relations program to sell the Wisconsin FFA Alumni Association vision, mission and goals to our members and increase the awareness and understanding of our organization by the general public, including assisting the executive director with press releases and in working with the media.
- Evaluate promotional booth and update as needed with effective messages geared for the variety of audiences it will be used with.
- Work with the executive director to coordinate use and staffing of the promotional booth at the Alumni Convention and other appropriate gatherings.
- Work with the executive director to periodically review and update the association website and assist the executive director in monitoring and posting on social media sites, including Facebook, to maintain their accuracy and effectiveness in communicating our message to members and the general public.
- Support and provide guidance to the executive director in the effort to produce the alumni newsletter.
Julie Spoke (chair)
- Seek out, evaluate, and recommend to the council potential state Alumni fundraising activities.
- Coordinate and manage state Alumni fundraisers
Chris Peaslee (chair)
Statewide Convention Committee
- Oversee convention planning process
- Create ways to stream line process and ease for the local convention committee
- Advice and assist local convention committee as needed or requested
- Committee members are only to include:
- Chair (a current or former executive committee member)
- 2 past local executive committee members
- 2 at large members
- Wisconsin FFA Alumni Executive Director
- State Convention Treasurer
Jim Check (co-chair)
Dan Follendorf (co-chair)
Janet Schneider (past local executive committee member)
Herman Seebandt (past local executive committee member)
Eric Treml (member-at-large)
Tim Spoke (member-at-large)
Regina Oldendorf (executive director)
Joyce Gust (state convention treasurer)
- Promote participation by chapters and individual members in National and Wisconsin FFA Alumni award programs
- Annually review award programs and recommend changes to the council when appropriate
- Awards programs should be consistent with National FFA Alumni award programs whenever the award program exists at the national level
- Recruit judges for award program, except for scrapbook judges, and familiarize the judges with ratings criteria and with any deadlines for completion of the judging
- Work with the executive director to coordinate judging
- Assist with the award presentation ceremony at the State FFA Alumni Convention
- Coordinate the presentation ceremony with the convention host committee
Larry Lader (chair)
There are no meeting minutes at this time.
Wisconsin FFA Alumni Past Presidents
- 1973-75 Art Kurtz, Wisconsin*
- 1975-78 Armin Fruechte, Westby*
- 1978-79 Erwin Zweifel, Mount Horeb
- 1979-80 Victor Voight, Valders
- 1980-82 Robert Wolfe, Broadhead
- 1982-83 Randy Meyer, Loyal
- 1983-84 Gary Beastrom, Athens
- 1984-85 Jim Sipiorski, Denmark
- 1985-86 Tom Parslow, Mauston
- 1986-87 Russ Utech, Merrill
- 1987-88 Terry Peterson, Denmark
- 1988-89 Ken Natzke, Bonduel
- 1989-90 Sue Krull-Schultz, New Holstein
- 1990-91 Larry Osterberg, Colfax*
- 1991-92 Darrel Birnschein, Sevastopol
- 1992-93 Ronna Morton-Ballmer, Clinton
- 1993-94 Don Southworth, Marathon
- 1994-95 Dennis Van Vreede, Freedom
- 1995-96 Francis Steiner, Granton*
- 1996-97 Richard Gimler, Watertown
- 1997-98 Dr. Virgil Martinson, Stoughton
- 1998-99 Gerold Stephani, Seymour
- 1999-00 Robert Keough, Argyle
- 2000-01 Dale Beaty, Milton
- 2001-02 John Leiterman, Denmark*
- 2002-03 Victoria Harter, Oconto Falls*
- 2003-04 Scott Gimler, Watertown
- 2004-05 Pat Igl, Antigo
- 2005-06 Darlene Arneson, Stoughton
- 2006-07 Joyce Gust, Verona
- 2007-08 Dennis Jesberger, Sun Prairie
- 2008-09 Ken Seering, Denmark
- 2009-10 Ken Harter, Oconto Falls
- 2010-11 Herman Seebandt, Neillsville
- 2011-12 Brent Bailey, Tomah (resigned)
- 2012-13 James Check, Milton
- 2013-14 Ricky Kreif, Kewaskum
- 2014-15 Kathy Breunig, Sauk Prairie
- 2015-16 Janet Schneider
- 2016-17 Julie Spoke
- * deceased